Monday, February 27, 2012

Midterm Fantasy

 Part of Our World - 1/38/12
 Grandmother Willow - 1/31/12
 Evil Queens Icy Crown - 2/11/12
 Narnia - 2/11/12
 Snow Melting - 2/11/12
Secret - 2/18/12

 - Midterm Cohesive Fantasy - 
As I have said before, Nature is completely out of my comfort zone. I’m not one to take hikes or crazy adventures but I felt as though I needed to break beyond sports. At first I had absolutely no idea what I was doing or looking for. Each picture looked the same and as generic as the one before.  I wasn’t really sure where to start but then I noticed a pattern in all of the holes in the trees. That’s when I truly started to just walk around and notice the little things. I started to write my own story.
            My story started when I found a tree that reminded me of Mother Willow from Disney’s Pocahontas. This helped me then to start noticing other things from my favorite Disney stories and fairy tales. As I walked through each forest I felt myself creating new adventures. I then noticed more themes like Narnia in the snowy landscape of Trough Creek and Snow White in the winding hills of McConnell’s Mill. These small themes helped bring my work together as a whole. My adventures turned into my stories that are being told through these photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment