Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Trough Creek

Wobbly Bridge - 2/11/12
Winding Stairway - 2/11/12
The Evil Queens Crown - 2/11/12
Frozen Stream - 2/11/12
Forever Snow - 2/11/12
Narnia - 2/11/12

 - Trough Creek - 

Another early morning started on Saturday the 11th with snow and lots of it. I personally love the snow and like being outside in the cold better with snow falling rather than just stuck in the cold. After some time we all embarked on the road towards Trough Creek. I had been to Raystown Lake area for my dads 50th birthday almost five years ago but that was in the summer time and it was extremely hot! This day was the complete opposite but it was also a different area to explore.
For this assignment I didn’t really have any idea what to take pictures of because it was snowing so much and just made everything look the same. It was hard to tell the difference between one area and another. I found myself walking around and just looking at the great scenery rather then picking up my camera and capturing the scenery. Once I loaded my pictures into my computer to edit I found that I wasn’t too impressed with very many because the snow falling added white streaks through all of my photographs. I could have used this to my advantage but when I was taking the photos I didn’t really think about that too much. Everything in the area was so massive that it was hard not to get overwhelmed by everything surrounding me. I found myself just wandering along the path, climbing up the mountainside and just wanting to reach the top. Once I got to the top and the land started to flatten out I got an image stuck in my head. Along with the image, I found that I had a certain feeling too. This was the feeling of my childhood. The image was one of Lucy Pevensie walking into Narnia for the first time in the Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I felt like Lucy when I reached the top. I had never felt like I was in a far off land but this snowy day brought me to Narnia, even if it was only for a moment.
Trough Creek was a nice get away from city life on a snowy day and I only wish my photographs show the wonder that I found there.

No comments:

Post a Comment